Professional Development Days 2019 – 2020
In addition to the holidays listed in the Academy Term Dates 2019 – 2020 we have arranged the following Professional Development Days when school will be closed to pupils:
- Monday 2nd September 2019 – Empowering Minds Academy Trust Professional Development Workshops Day
- Tuesday 3rd September 2019 – Annual Safeguarding update
- Friday 2oth December 2019 – Curriculum Development
- Monday 1st June 2020 – Curriculum Development
- Monday 2oth July 2020 – Curriculum Review / School Development Planning
Holidays in Term Time
Any absence in term time destroys the continuity of the child’s education and reduces chances of success.
Parents are asked to take their annual holiday with their child during academy holidays.
Holidays in term time will not be authorised.
If there are reasons that prevent you from taking your holiday during the academy holiday period, the Headteacher can consider allowing leave of absence under exceptional circumstances.
It is the policy of Doncaster Council and Highwoods Local Governing Body to issue fixed penalty fines to parents who do take holidays in term time.
The parents of pupils in Year 6 (who take their end of year assessments in May) cannot apply for leave of absence during the 8 weeks prior to these examinations and any requests will not be granted, the absence will deemed as unauthorised and fixed penalty fines will be issued.
To apply for such a leave of absence – please ask at the School Office for an application form – which should then be completed and returned to school at least 6 weeks before the holiday.