Class Name: Oak
Year Group: 4
School Closure – Resources / Website activities for home learning
Mrs. Flint’s Year 4 Work Pack – download here
Activity Board A – click here
Activity Board B – click here
Activity Board C – click here
Inside this pack is a variety of activities to work through at home. They cover a variety of topics currently being taught in school and some essential revision.
Also, please read every day for at least 5 minutes. This can be a school reading book or a book from home. Oxford Owl also has a range of ebooks that can be read. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ and choose the pink My Class Login button.
Login Username: highwoodsoak password Oak123
Here are some other websites that can be accessed either through a school subscription or free. Content is subject to change and may not work on all devices.
- BBC Bitesize- interactive activities and games.
- Hit the button – Mental maths practice
- Times table rockstars – times table practice, choose the school option – Highwoods Academy, S64 9ES use pupil login
- Cool Maths Games – fun games with a bit of maths
- IXL- variety of educational activities for all year groups.
- White Rose Maths – Maths lessons for each year group including a video explaining how to do it!
- Classroom secret kids – maths, reading, grammar and spelling.games. Free to access when a parent registers
- SENECA – online learning, all subjects. Free to access
- National Geographic Kids – online games, resources and competitions too. Aimed at primary aged children, there are a wide range of subjects – history, science, geography, English, Maths, Art & Design and PSHE.
- World Geography Games – FREEonline gaming platform is great for learning about geography topics. There are interactive activities on continents, capitals, flags, regions, islands, rivers…
- EDSHED – online activities (free trial, parent to sign up)
Home Learning Timetable
Spellings once a week
Reading 3 times a week x 20 minutes
Mental maths ‘Learn Its’
Maths once a week – Abacus Active Learn
Independent research on going throughout the Learning Challenge
Spelling lists for the year
accidentally, accident, actual, actually, address, answer, appear, arrive, believe, bicycle, breath, breathe, build, busy, business, calendar, caught, centre, century, certain, circle, complete, consider, continue, decide, describe, different, difficult, disappear, early, earth, eight, eighth, enough, exercise, experience, experiment, extreme, famous, favourite, February, forward, forwards, fruit, grammar, group, guard, guide, heard, heart, height, history, imagine, increase, important, interest, island, knowledge, learn, length, library, material, medicine, mention, minute, natural, naughty, notice, occasion, occasionally, often, opposite, ordinary, particular, peculiar, perhaps, popular, position, possess, possession, possible, potatoes, pressure, probably, promise, purpose, quarter, question, recent, regular, reign, remember, sentence, separate, special, straight, strange, strength, suppose, surprise, therefore, though, although, thought, through, various, weight, woman, women
Teacher & Staff